This qualification is aimed at anyone who wants to prove competence at the level of skills and knowledge required to work competently as a Track Maintenance Operative. This training is delivered by highly experienced tutors and includes practical sessions at a Rail Infrastructure site.
Track Maintenance Operatives usually working with contractors or hired through agencies for specific duties who want to prove competence of the skills and knowledge expected at this level working safely and effectively on their own workplace.
- Undertake routine manual maintenance of the permanent way assets
- Carry out corrective manual adjustments to permanent way assets
- Contribute to the security of the work environment in the rail industry
- Carry out routine inspection of the Permanent Way
- Undertake replacement of permanent way assets and components
- Deal with incidents and contingencies within the railway environment
- Restore plain line track geometry, switches and crossings to operational condition
- Ensure that the rail track is fit for operational purposes following engineering activity
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Rail Engineering and Track Maintenance
- FREE PPE, NWR D&A and Medical
- Sentinel Sponsorship with our Employer Partners
- Health & Safety, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness and First Aid
- Safety Critical Training incl. PTS, DCCR, OLEC 1 and Track Induction
- Iron Man
- Impact Wrench
- Cobra TT
- Hand Tools
The qualification provides learners with increased self-confidence and motivation to take advantage of the many opportunities for progression and development within the industry.
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must be a resident of either Newcastle, North Tyneside or Northumberland.